Virtual Accounting by Real People
We love the “cloud” and so will you. Thanks to technology and the many useful apps in the marketplace we can construct a virtual back-office that will provide you with reliable, relevant information to help you make sound decisions and allow you to run your business on your phone, tablet or laptop from your office, living-room, or beach without missing a beat. With real-time access to your systems we can better serve your financial reporting, tax, and advisory needs. Don’t worry – we won’t tell you when we’re working from the beach if you won’t tell us when you are.
Getting Started – We follow a three-step process to get you up and running:
1. Initial Assessment
We learn about your business, current processes, systems in use, pain points and desired outcome.
2. System Design
Based on the initial assessment we design a system and workflow that will achieve your goals. This includes identification of the appropriate cloud-based applications, the extent of involvement of your team and our team on an ongoing basis, and development of a price for implementation and ongoing services.
3. Implementation & Training
We get your systems set up according to the design in step 2 and train you and your team on use of the applications and the standard procedures.
We work the plan according to design on an ongoing basis. Our involvement can be as limited or as extensive as you need. From quarterly reviews of work performed by your team to fully-outsourced processing of transactions and anything in-between. We develop a package that is right for you and your budget. We add on services including financial and management reporting, tax planning and compliance, and consulting to form a comprehensive bundle at a fixed price billed monthly so you can plan your cash flow and avoid surprises.
Options that may be included in the virtual accounting packages include:
- Monthly charges for apps in your ecosystem (e.g. QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Expensify, etc.)
- Unlimited phone and email support
- Bookkeeping – we will record transactions and reconcile your accounts on a monthly or more frequent basis including accrual entries if required
- Monthly or Quarterly check-up – If you prefer to handle the books yourself, we can perform a monthly or quarterly checkup to ensure that transactions have been properly recorded and accounts reconciled. We will inform you of required corrections
- Accounts Payable and Bill Payment – Using third-party bill pay service we can manage your payables. You simply email or fax the invoices to a dedicated address and we will code them into the appropriate accounts in the system and prepare them for your approval for payment. You remain in control of making payments
- Payroll – We can assist you with the selection of an appropriate payroll processing partner that integrates well with your system and provides us with real-time visibility so we can provide the accounting services you need.
- Sales/Use Tax Filings and Compliance – We can monitor requirements and compliance with laws and prepare and file appropriate returns
- Virtual Controller – We can provide higher level accounting services as you need them including, closing of the books, external audit support, account analysis, review of costs, budgeting, coordination of filings for health insurance plans, and financial statement preparation. You get the skill-set of an experienced accountant without having to hire someone full-time. For larger businesses with a CFO we can fill the role of controller freeing him from the details to focus on the bigger picture with confidence that the numbers are solid.
- Virtual CFO – Small to medium size businesses can’t afford and don’t typically need a full-time CFO. However, they often need assistance with strategic planning, pricing strategies, cost analysis, financing, contract negotiations, selection of health and retirement plans, mergers and acquisitions, and various other projects. We can build these services into the ongoing package or only when needed for special projects.